SP 3: Perception and Communications
SP 3 aims at charting the public opinion regarding bioplastics on one hand and existing communication patterns by organisations as NGOs, associations, corporations and medium-sized companies on the other. Identifying communicative drivers and blockades will finally lead to the development of well-grounded strategies and measures for the communication of bioplastics as a substantial part of a green economy in Germany.
SP 3 "Perception and Communications" aims at charting the public opinion regarding bioplastics on one hand and public communication patterns from different perspectives on the other.
The research focus will be directed on the German public as a vital stakeholder as well as non-governmental and corporate organisations.
Project phase I is designed to extensively analyse current perceptions and evaluations of bioplastics in three steps:
- Metaanalysis of existing data and studies and contextualisation within sustainability as generic topic
- Website analysis of bioplastic relevant content by NGOs for environment and consumer protection and the bioplastic industry followed by expert interviews with communication executives
- Standardized, representative online interviews (online access panel) to survey the current public opinion regarding bioplastics; based on previent group discussions.
On the basis of through quantitative and qualitative evaluated information and communication patterns, communicative drivers and blockades will be identified in project phase II.
The objective of project phase III is to develop general and target group specific communication strategies and measures for bioplastics as a substantial part of a green economy in Germany.
To address aspects of the perception and communication of bioplastics by society as a whole as well as by the individual, there will be a close cooperation with subproject "Information and Consumer" in research and strategy development.
Following project partners are involved in SP 3.
- Hochschule Hannover – Fakultät III Medien, Information und Design (lead)
- Hochschule Weihenstephan-Triesdorf - Fachgebiet für Marketing und Management Nachwachsender Rohstoffe